Moving pool electrical lines

Yes sir, all splicing will be done above ground in proper boxes. They had it wired breaker panel to gfci outlet to on/off switch to light junction box to light.So the gfci protection was acquired from the gfci outlet as it was downstream. There were no gfci breakers anywhere feeding the pump.The pool equipment is fed from the main panel in the garage straight underground to the pool house. So I will install one in the garage panel as well as a surge protector for the new vs pump.

As I understand 680.23(F)(2), the feed to your light junction box can't have a splice in the ground wire between the junction box and the panel.

Success!. The bread procedure worked like a charm. Everything is covered over. From this
E1WtDi0.jpg
qhvaAVB.jpg

I agree with John re no splices in the copper insulated ground wire between the light junction box and the panel. There is an exception for swiches, timers and GFCIs however.
Got it. I didn't have to splice anything but it was close. I will make sure of the above conditions for the ground wire and even though the leak is fixed on this end of the light conduit I will pull the pool light and stop the leak in the light bucket. I just don't like water in the pvc with wires. The new pump, which started all of this, will be in tomorrow and I can wire up the panel to everything. We shall see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.