How Many Lights and Which Ones and Controller?

Our pool has been dug and the gravel is being spread. Our PB included 3 lights in the contract. Another PB's bid included 5 lights and with the pool being so large, I would rather add the cost of 2 or 3 lights than have it not sufficiently lit. I have a Hayward Universal Color Logic brochure which makes their LED light look amazing. Is this the best one? How many do you think the pool should have? Is there a thread that someone can remember that recommends a list of the latest and best pool equipment and controllers?

Wow! You're having a lake installed in your backyard. What a monster. 10' deep too! CANNONBALL! Nice. Our (tiny :) ) 40' pool has 3 LED lights along one side, so I would think two more (5 total) for a pool your size should be good. I turn mine on manually, then they have different color functions, so I can't speak to the computer-automation part. But I suppose many of the name-brand lights will work well for you. Some other readers will probably reply as well.

My pool is 43' and I have 3 LED lights along one side and it is lit up nicely with an additional one in the spa. I would think you would need min 4 and probably 5 to to be safe. I use Jandy Lights connected to by Jandy automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.