New liner pool outside of Boston, FINALLY!!

Sorry I did not see your question before now.

Unions on the pipes on the equipment allows you to work on the equipment as needed. You just unscrew them to remove. Other wise you have to cut the pipe :shock: to clean the filter or work on the pump.

That is pretty! Just in time like you said!

Kim:cat:

Any updates on your pool?

We have been using and enjoying the pool. The next step is the coping and patio with landscape. We were supposed to have had the coping done earlier this week, but with weather they have fallen behind. I was told tomorrow or Monday now. Once the coping goes on then the patio will begin. It has be great using the pool, but also a pain with sand and rocks around it. That and all the pollen has been making it a mess. I custom cut a solar cover and it has been great for keeping the heat in the pool, but collects a lot of junk. Water temp is 84 which is perfect for night swimming.

i1mw5f.jpg

Update:

So here we are one year into our project counting last years prep work. We are now about 3-4 weeks away from completion and let me tell you all that I am ready for it to be done! We are very happy with the results thus far.

Our pavers will be competed by Wednesday of this week, then they will move on to finishing the retaining sitting wall and its steps. We are also installing a pergola which will be competed this week. After that we need to lay down grass seed and landscape. Lighting will be the final step. At some point in the future we will add a waterfall in the back corner, which has be plumed out for us by PB.

After the pool and coping went in we added two retaining walls using flat stone, and built new steps coming off the house. We lowered the grade a lot for the pool so we had to build steps leading up to the bulkhead without it really standing out. Luckily we have been using the pool all summer, but I am ready for all the work to be complete.

33f7upi.jpg

mjlq3a.jpg

122hzpd.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally our yard is complete!! We still need some furniture, and some minor landscaping, but all major construction completed two weeks ago! We could not be happier with how it all turned out. Not looking forward to closing up in the next month. We have had such a great summer using it.

5k4kn5.jpg

244dyqv.jpg

j12fkk.jpg

2hgzh4l.jpg

May I ask how much was spent in total on your project? I'm just starting and trying to decide on gunite vs liner. I really like yours!

You will quickly learn that prices vary greatly depending on location. For instance, pavers in the Northeast can be as high as 20ft and in other parts of the country they can be 5ft. It is best to talk to your local builders and find out local prices in my opinion.

I would first like to start out by saying how happy I am to finally be able to start a thread on our pool's construction! This has been years in the making. Just met with the builder and they will break ground in 3 weeks, and we just got approved by the town for all of our permits. Our pool will not be large, but will be perfect for us.

I will follow up with many pictures of the process along the way. Here is our story with pics to get you started.

This was a project that needed to be done is phases. We have a small lot, and there is a 6 foot elevation change from one end to the other. The previous owner had built a wood retaining wall, and had an older fence around the yard. However he had done all the work himself and did not pay any regard to property lines or codes. It all needed to come out, and be redone to support the pool and adhere to town code. We also needed to re route and add more drainage from our roof. The grade was also going to be lowered so the new wall didn't have to be erected so high per the town. Phase 1 was started late summer of 2015, and was completed in October.

Lot prior to any work being done:

2l92o04.jpg

14t8q4x.jpg

Tree removal, fence removal, and retaining wall removal.

mmcr2v.jpg

1zecvb6.jpg

Building the new wall, and lowering the grade.

awmkm.jpg

2w4zeqg.jpg

2l8gn5h.jpg

wararo.jpg

New drywell to support gutters.

2z88fvq.jpg

New fence was put in.

30w0z8o.jpg

2jcam1h.jpg

It does not look like it from the pictures, but we did gain a lot more yard then we had before. Still, with the small size plot and the town setbacks, we are forced to go with a smaller pool. It will be a 14x28 kidney shaped liner pool. Below is the initial concept, which we have amended, and then the current CAD plans. I apologize for the low quality of these images. Instead of the fire pit we are putting in a pergola, and we are tearing out the old patio and replacing with grass. The pool shaped changed from the original figure 8 to a kidney to maximize sq footage. The coping will be pavers and natural stone, while the patio will be paver. We will also be updating the steps from the house down to the pool deck.

or13qa.jpg

21e5ms3.jpg

Excited and nervous to finally begin the adventure. After much time spent reading through countless posts on this site, I feel confident that we made a lot of good decisions. I look forward to updating with more pics along the way.
Can you repost pics? I’d love to see your liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.