Owner / Builder - Sacramento - With Pictures and Prices!

@gwegan That's probable. I'm about 3 miles from the confluence of the Sacramento and American rivers.

@kimkats That's good to hear, and thanks for the links. I've read through them all several times.

@jmastron Thanks for the information regarding the red change in color. I was wondering about that. I did get the speedstir, worked quite nicely.

Hopefully excavating next week. Either way, paternity leave has come to an end. Back to work tomorrow.

Excavation has been rescheduled for 3/21 but forecast now calls for decent rain the day before and light rain the day of. We'll see what happens. I've said I wasn't in much of a rush, but it made it up to 75 degrees today and I'd really like to see this project get started...

Well....today I had a buddy come over to help me take down a section of about 100' of fence and remove some small trees to get ready for excavation. On our way to the dump (in the rain) I got an email from my excavator. Dig has been delayed until 3/28. Having a pool in my backyard has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid so an extra week or two isn't a big deal, but until I see a pool size hole in the ground I still feel like this isn't really happening. Fingers crossed I actually have some heavy equipment in my backyard next week.

Weather has been pretty good and should continue for at least the next week. Excavator confirmed he'll be here Monday so I took down part of my shared fence for access. Plumber and rebar scheduled for next week too. Here's some updated pics of my yard. I rigged the fence so the neighbor could still let her dogs out during construction.

10'2" from house to house. Most limited point of access is 9'6" from my gas meter to neighbors house.
IMG_6444_zpsnmzvepfk-1.jpg

IMG_6447_zpszppxwqop-1.jpg

backyard isn't completely fenced in so the dog has to be put in solitary when I'm not paying attention to him
IMG_6448_zpswnbynnxr-1.jpg

IMG_6449_zpszokbyszr-1.jpg

Man that is TIGHT! I would think about getting some plywood to put up right on the sides of the houses to make sure there are not gouges or scratches done to the side.

Poor doggy in solitary :( "BUT I will be a good doggy and only go visit people who love me!" LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I actually bought 10 sheets of plywood on craigslist today, but it's to try and protect my neighbors concrete walkway. I'm hoping between that and a dozen scoops of excavated dirt I might not have to replace or repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everybody,

The dig finished today, but I had to work and wasn't able to keep an eye on the whole process. I've only been able to look at it by flashlight, and haven't measured anything, but I had a few concerns and was hoping to get your insight. Everything seems to match the plan, but after seeing it in person I feel like the swim step is too small and that too much of the pool is taken up by the deep end (6'). Is this something that can be addressed with added rebar and gunite? Plumber is coming out to do the intakes on Thursday. Steel Monday and then plumber will finish up after steel.

I'll post actual measurements and updated pictures when I can, but I'm working another long shift tomorrow and won't be home during any daylight hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.