Trouble determining accurate salt level for Pentair IC-40

This morning I moved the power leads from the SWG transformer off of the breaker connection and up to the load side of the pump relay. Now the SWG is turning on and off with the pump. I will report back to let you know if the salinity readings are more consistent.

Hello all and thanks so much for all the help! It's only been three days, but I thought I would check back in. The swg sensor has been pretty consistent, reading between 3400-3750.

Previously I did receive low salinity email alarm notifications at times when there was no water flow in the pipes. Those alarms would come in around 12 hours after the previous day's pump shutdown. The alarm time would be around 5-6 am when the air temperature could be quite cold.

Gonna revive an old thread rather than start a new one. My pool is <1 year old (opened in April). Temps here in Oceanside CA have the pool consistently below 70 (currently 69). My IC-40 produces chlorine just fine and the light indicates good salt level (not flashing or red). However, the salt meter reads 0ppm on my ScreenLogic app. I find it odd that I'm not getting a low salt warning but the app reads 0ppm. I used the Taylor kit to test salt levels (it changed from a milky white/yellow after 21 drops to a salmon/brick red instantaneously at the 22nd drop.)

With Taylor reading 4200pm (which is what I started at in April - it didn't drop at all the entire season?), the IC-40 saying everything's good, but the SWG reading 0ppm salt. Does this sound like a salt sensor failure or a water temperature issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.