pressure switch question(caretaker 99 ultraflex)

gvc

Mar 26, 2010
What is the purpose of a pressure switch as it relates to the caretaker 99 ultraflex popup cleaning equipment? I know there are pressure switches for pool heaters that regulate when the heater may start up depending on water flow, but my caretaker 99 system has one too that hooks into a pressure gauge on the return side before the rainbow chlorinator and return plumbing to the pool.

I recently been having a problem with my pop ups only coming up for about 2 to 3 seconds and each individual popup seems to rotate within each station (3 to a station, 7 stations overall) rather than all coming up at once and staying up for the duration of the cycle that the knob is set to (30 sec). Return pressure is normal and the behavior exists even when directing 100% of return water to only the popups. But, when I put the system in pause mode , all the popups for the particular station it stops on remain up until I reset the control knob for regular operation.

I'm going to replace the sensor plate in the motor housing to see if thats the problem, but am wondering if the pressure switch has anything to due with how the system operates. Maybe the main control box is the culprit but really dont want to have the expense of replacing it unless I know for sure thats the problem.

To be completely honest, I'm not a fan of in floor pop ups as it relates to actually cleaning the bottom of the pool (manual vacuuming is best), but it is good for circulation and distribution of chemicals and solar heat.

I'm going to replace the sensor plate in the motor housing to see if thats the problem, but am wondering if the pressure switch has anything to due with how the system operates. Maybe the main control box is the culprit but really dont want to have the expense of replacing it unless I know for sure thats the problem.

Ok.. I have replaced the sensor plate inside the valve housing and also the pressure switch, but still having the same problem with the heads only coming up for about 2 to 3 seconds and rotating within each cleaning zone instead of all coming up at once. again, return pressure is normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.