Here we go in New Braunfels, TX!

Yikes!! I'm glad no one was injured! Poor landscaper! How awful he must feel!!! Sounds like you and PB handled it well and I'm sure he'll have it looking as good or better than before in no time! I hope the landscaper only has to pay the PB costs and not the retail mark up...
Otherwise, your build is looking amazing!

Wow, May 10 was the last update here - They've finally placed the new boulders and started on the decking...

ZQJGDTo.jpg

We've had progress! Man, we started this thing March 1st and it's sometimes disheartening to read the pool builds where it's literally "3 days ago they dug the hole, 2 days ago they ran plumbing, yesterday they did the rebar and today is gunite! Tomorrow is plaster and we'll be in the pool by Saturday!" UGH!! I'm happy for ya'll that can get a pool that fast but MAN this is frustrating! We'll be 5 months at the end of July and it is killing me.

Rant over - here is the progess!

Overall panorama view:

DX9jZiU.jpg

View of the waterfall stone:

HaZjwY7.jpg

Chipping up our stained cement porch to install the flagstone:

bPpfWka.jpg

Hopefully we'll have all the flagstone installed by next week and the masons come out and finish up the rocks. I'll keep you posted!

Meanwhile I've been getting chemistry practice with my neighbor's pool. CYA was 300+ and we drained and refilled - I think he's around 50 now and very happy with TFP! Thanks everyone for all the awesome advice on this forum!

Ya there are a small few that seem to fly but most go like yours. Baby step by baby step until done. Yours is a work of art and big machines so it will take longer but will be SO worth it in the end!

You got someone to listen and learn about their pool :shock: NICE job! HI neighbor! :handshake: nice to have you here!

Kim:cat:

Finally got water in the pool! It was about a week and a half ago so it's been pretty busy but wanted to share the latest update. Still a work in progress since they're finishing up the landscaping and more rocks around the waterfall but the light at the end of the tunnel is almost here (and it's not a train)!

0XMZ5i3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
curious, what is the size of your covered patio? 12 or 14 feet?

Not sure and we're out of town right now - I'll measure when I get back!

I'm hoping it'll still be clear when I get back - I raised the FC to ~5ppm before I left and put 5 pucks in the in line chlorinator (my CYA is less than 20 right now and I'm trying to raise it to ~40). We'll see and I'll report back!

Thank you for all the kind words about the appearance! We're definitely pretty happy with it and also can't wait till all the landscaping around the pool is done. Having a pool party tomorrow night (yes, we're still out of town right now so I'm living on the edge) so we'll have quite a bit of organics in the pool and I'll have to rebalance. But I'm actually looking forward to it now that I know how to do it thanks to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.