Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

Just when I need it most (wrenched my back today) my spa heater wont light. It's an almost new jandy jxi 260N. I installed it myself but had the electrical done by a licensed electrician. Natural gas was already run to the pad. It's worked fine every time we used it (about 10 times) and this morning it started like normal. First the blower kicks on then after about a minute it normally lights. Instead, I get this loud buzzing sound. It goes for a couple of seconds then stops -blower keeps running. Then the buzz starts again and the cycle repeats. Unit ran fine last night! Sounds like a relay or solenoid is buzzing to me but I don't know anything about pool heaters. If it's something simple I'll try to fix it otherwise I guess I'll call Jandy for warranty support.

Any ideas?

Chris

Thanks for the quick reply. That's the same manual I have. Now that I think about it I got a vent fuse link error last night but turned it off then on and it worked fine. No error now but I only let it cycle through 2 cycles. I'll see if I get the error again and then it appears that's possibly a connection error in the fusable link. I'll follow that trail and update later today.

Thanks!

Chris

Bandit,

Problem Solved!!

Thanks so much for your help. I finally did get an error message "Check Ignition Steps" and found a document on the site you linked me to that gave a list of corrective actions. One was to check for air flow, and air tubing connections around the vent pressure switch. This switch checks pressure delta's through the system to determine that there is good air flow to prevent igniting an explosive gas mixture. All the tubing and air flow checked out correct so I started checking electrical connections to the air flow switch... Bingo!! One of them must have been slightly corroded. I spent years dealing with corroded wires in my sailing days so I've got a LOT of different ways to address this and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks so much for your help!!! This site is indeed fortunate to have people like you that help us newbies along.

Best regards,

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.