New Pool Austin Tx

Agree, it does look out of proportion to me as well.

A little more work today.. Finishing the back of the wall for stucco finish. Some more grout work etc..

Really happy with the grout color we picked for the tile. I think it ties in well with the glass tile colors and the caribbean blue plaster we'll have hopefully soon!!

B031699D-4750-460D-8095-66365BAE7DAC_zps5ypc4s3w.jpg

05568E05-9C95-4A6D-A8AF-D90482FB67C3_zpsbu2dw7tu.jpg

8E3DF45A-B5D0-4BFC-90EB-951E01902DED_zpsc8ilzebt.jpg

21AF7E8E-D97B-4069-BF9E-3B8D2226916D_zpsimm2sutv.jpg

Decking has begun!!!

Had a bit of a disagreement with PB about housekeeping around the construction area. They say its fine to accumulate a trash pile until the project is virtually complete. If you look at my pictures during this build you'll slowly see it getting larger and larger. Seems like sloppy quality control to me.. either way it is what it is unless I want to pay extra to have it removed. I've been doing most of the housekeeping after the stone work, rebar etc. The decking guys seemed like pro's and moved quick and seemed to do a good job so far.

39385457-F8B6-4F98-86E1-848C4EB73356_zpse7letiu3.jpg

6FC24CE7-C977-49EE-AFD0-32DB4F4EFA14_zpsmdh5wsi6.jpg

864DB4E1-52F5-4131-AB86-89DED24F2494_zps2lrebrkh.jpg

77548B0B-DE63-4DAD-861D-2AB3313D8E56_zpsntxdwjvv.jpg

It is very normal for them to have a trash pile. You are lucky with just having a trash "pile" instead of it being all over the yard. There was one build where they had to put a large trash can for the daily workers food and drink trash as they would just drop the wrappers and bottles where they were standing.

Kim

Great looking pool!!!

Oh and if you need some alarms to pass final inspection contact me. Maybe we can work out a deal. I had to use 3 for 2 windows and the rear door of my house. I promptly removed them after I passed final inspection.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you getting shrinkage cracks around your firepit mortar joints or is that an optical illusion??

Those cracks have been there for a few years. I'm going to have it re-mortared sometime soon but no rush, its still structurally very sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking pool!!!

Oh and if you need some alarms to pass final inspection contact me. Maybe we can work out a deal. I had to use 3 for 2 windows and the rear door of my house. I promptly removed them after I passed final inspection.

I think that's an Austin thing, up here in RR I don't believe we'll have a problem.

Well we cut the bucktooth back about 2" and rounded the top corners. Much happier with it now. Stone/coping/tile is complete, inspection early next week and pour Tues or Wed(hopefully)

I still have to pick out decking color.. Thoughts??

BB739AED-D6E5-43CD-90F3-DDAA92720109_zpsvmzy327a.jpg

2BA441EA-F8C8-4029-BE99-390B895D8907_zpskt7ptbkv.jpg

20580DFE-A640-40A8-967A-36669CB83940_zpsjpjncxo9.jpg

2BA1561A-9A68-4693-A9CE-B87C17B2E0E5_zpsgtfnk6zz.jpg

B3C42996-8734-40E5-9EC0-621DAC205852_zpstge6azas.jpg

692D0360-BA94-4EF2-9E8B-6656F0DD99FE_zpssho1gogc.jpg

Lets call them 1, 2, 3, 4 Going from left to right.

I like 1 the best..........it seems to blend with the coping the best.

2 is next followed by 4.

I do NOT like 3 at all.........seems too yellow.

JMO!

I LOVE how the overfill turned out. The cut and rounding of the corners were just what it needed!

Kim

Love the pics. It's fun to watch the progress and your 'vision' on a computer come to life in your own yard. I'm in process of building a pool as well out in Dripping Springs ... you are a couple steps ahead of my build at this point. I'm trying to find someone on this forum in the Austin area that has a npt Jewelscape or Beadcrete finish that I could take a look at ... if you know of anyone please let me know. Good luck as you complete your build.

I agree... #3 is too yellow. 1 and 2 match well, but I wonder with their being darker if that will negatively affect their coolness. Is that a concern of yours? #4 might be good for cooler temps but it blends too much with your coping, I think. Just curious, what manufacture's color samples are those?

Great fix on the spillover! It looks really good now! I love the curve they gave it.

I agree... #3 is too yellow. 1 and 2 match well, but I wonder with their being darker if that will negatively affect their coolness. Is that a concern of yours? #4 might be good for cooler temps but it blends too much with your coping, I think. Just curious, what manufacture's color samples are those?

Great fix on the spillover! It looks really good now! I love the curve they gave it.

#4 is currently our pick, but it is a very close match to the coping/stone around the pool. We are going to set the samples out again today in a few different light conditions and see what speaks to us. I'm on the fence with going much darker than the coping.

We aren't super concerned about heat build up, I mean this is TX and no mater what you do it will be hot.

These are colors from a local company Sanchez Coatings, they don't specify a manufacture. Whats funny is during the pool interview I asked a couple PB's about coating and they all called it Koolkote, however then went on to say that the product actually isn't koolkote. I guess about 5-10 years ago all the coating guys figured out a better way to coat decks without using the Koolkote product, but the name was like Kleenex and so it stuck.

EDIT>>>>>

Just went outside and maybe I am leaning towards something a bit darker.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.