Nitro Pool cleaner?

:roll: The unit did not work on walk in steps.... Got stuck 2 times I had to re drop elsewere in the pool.

1st. I received the unit today the power pack looks a lil cheeply made "gluded plastic small case" but very user friendly very dfifferent from more exspensive models with the heavy duty metal power packs. " I hope this holds up". The unit itself is also made from light weight plastic which may be a benifit if you donot want to destroy a liner or pool wall.

2nd. The first cycle I tried of the two was the 1hr fast clean and the unit cleaned about 35% of the pool bottom and walls. I was plesently supprised with the units suction to the wall and floor as well as speed and debry pickup before my very eye's.The unit did power down after 1 hr as promissed.

3rd. I now tried the exteded 3 hr cycle. This time the unit got the pool floor and walls about 75% clean. but a big problem for me was the unit got stuck on the walkin steps twice. The unit also does not get into the corners of the floor too well it left a 3" size line of debry were the deep end bottom meets the walls all around the diving square and up into the shallow end as well. not too bad if you quiclky take a scrub brush on this section of your pool before you drop this unit in. Another small downfall for me is This unit only has 1 large scrub wheel on the rear of the unit the front does not have any so the unit mainly pick up debry from the rear of the unit unlike most other unit with 2 large srub wheels 1 in the front and 1 in the rear. This units big brother the "Nitro Wall Scrubber has 2 large scrub wheels but I will contact the manufacturer too se if it can do the steps before I purchase. The big reason why the 2 scrub wheels are good is that cleans the agie water line most pools get. Again this is something you can scrub off with a brush before you drop the unit in the water.

I think if you donot have drop in steps this unit is a decent buy and does as promissed in most respects

I have had the wall climber for a month or so now and it is not bad.
It does get up to the surface and comes out of the water sometimes...I have heard this is normal sometimes, but if it does it too much there is a fix that can be done.
I find it tends to do it more if I have run it without cleaning it out for some reason.
It doesn't get stuck on my returns, skimmers or main drain and seems to get most of the walls in the 3 hour mode.
Overall it could be better, but pretty good since it costs a lot less than most of the IG robots so I'm happy with it.

I have had the nitro wall climber for a week now and it works great! My pool ranges from 3' to 10' deep and cleans it all. Rolls over the main drains with no problem. Have noticed that in the deep end it will not climb the walls all the way up to the water line but I didnt expect it to. In the shallow end it climbs up to the water line and then works its way down. Has climbed the first step one time but didnt go up any higher. Easy to clean big bag. Just wash down with a water hose and easy to put back in and ready to go. The 1 hour cycle did ok but I am using the 3hr cycle when cleaning. Granted this is my first robot so I dont have anything to compare to(cause I really wanted the dirt devil robot), but for the money I thought it was a good start. I found a website that had it for $599 w/ a caddy with 4 easy payment plan. Then also found a website that had a 10% discount code for that company. If its ok to post these companys name I will do so on next post. Or if you want me to email the info to you I will.

13x35 gunited pool

I have sold a few nitros to a couple of my old customers and they worked very well. Of course, they had their problems since they had just come out when I sold them. Smartpool warrantied them quickly and had no problems since. We had one in our show pool, the only thing I would recommend if someone buys one is, when the nitro is done, take it out of the pool-dont leave it in.

I know this is an old topic, but, I just got one of these nitro wall climbers, and while it seems to be doing a book job climbing walls, it keeps coming to the surface and staying there. is there anything i can do to sink it and have it stay at the bottom? Thanks to whoever responds.

jojoanirak3 said:
I know this is an old topic, but, I just got one of these nitro wall climbers, and while it seems to be doing a book job climbing walls, it keeps coming to the surface and staying there. is there anything i can do to sink it and have it stay at the bottom? Thanks to whoever responds.
Mine did this @ first too...keep using it and hopefully it will calm down like mine did.
I will say that I find it sinks best if you toss it in with the back end landing in the water...dunno why, but it seems to sink better this way.
Failing that you have to push it under by hand and rock it side to side to get the bubbles out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.