New Build in Katy, TX

No new movement today, but the plumbing guys are supposed to be here in the morning. I'm assuming that means we'll get electric tomorrow as well and hopefully equipment soon after.

I guess at some point this week, my wife and I need to go look at pool finishes in person to decide which Wet Edge product we want. I think we have it narrowed down to Midnight Sea and Northshore Tahoe Satin Matrix or Deep Sea Blue and Twilight if we go Prism Matrix. Any thoughts on those?

Nice!! We're personally looking at Deep Sea Blue! LOVE that pool finish. There are a few threads on here with pictures if you do a search. Specifically spool's pool comes to mind.

Here is a pic I'd saved of it.

Wiring and hooking up the equipment today. Hopefully next week the progress moves faster than it did this week.

Gas lines to the fire features on the waterfall

3ab07943173600d90a48685c9c1c01e8.jpg

Bonding wire run

66814d7e7e3cef2f4b99e7c4754e2724.jpg

Equipment on the pad. They also ran an extra outlet on the backside of the house, which will work perfectly for hooking up the landscape lighting.

a777293c293438966364429ad3ed4d6b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes it should. Electricians will be back to finish on Monday and then tile/coping on Tuesday. Then they will come to lay out the decking, but can't start the decking until they remove the brick column in the middle of our patio.

Well, the coping guys got tied up on another job and will be until Saturday. The equipment is all in and setup and the plumbing and electrical are finished.

From what I hear the guy doing the coping and waterfall is worth the wait. Apparently the job he was on decided they wanted a 12 ton waterfall, so instead of being done Monday or Tuesday at the latest it turned into Saturday. At this point he is supposed to be here Monday morning, let's hope that happens.

Also waiting on approval from the city so that we can remove the column that is right in the middle of our patio. Once we get city approval, then we have to send it to the HOA, and they have been extremely responsive this far. :/

I did find out something interesting today. I had gone to look at a pool and I liked the water color, but not the solid pebble. I still think we want glass beads in there somewhere. I called Wet Edge and was told that the Prism Matrix line includes the glass and abalone shells. So I'm 99% sure we will be going with either Deep Sea Blue, Eclipse, or Indigo Blue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.