Carrollton tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My pool has an older cl460 filter, I never saw the gauge go much off zero, once in a while I would see 2 lbs, even when priming. I've replaced the filter gauge and it now shows about 12 -14 ish lbs when at priming speed. At 1800 rpm it shows about3 or 4 lbs.
At 2500 rpm it goes to about 10 lbs

which I think is normal -I cleaned the 4 filter cartridges this week.

What do you think
is the low pressure normal at low rpm ?

im still working out what rpm I need to run for how many hours to get a couple water changes per day

thanks in advance

Silver,

I have a similar set up to yours and I get about the same readings. At 1200 RPM I get about 2 or 3 PSI and at 1700 I get about 4 PSI.

Sounds about right to me. I run at 1200 RPM most of the time in the winter, and at 1400 RPM in the summer to ensure I close the flow switch on my SWG. I don't worry about water changes per day.

Jim R.

Pump run time will vary due to all the differences from one pool and equipment setup to another. Doing calculated "turns" of the pool water usually isn't necessary. Someone with a similar setup can give you an idea or how much run time but it comes down to what works for you. Here is an article on it - - > Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Silver,

I do run 24x7, I like that I don't have to keep "starting" the pump over and over. Just me, I have no evidence that this is better on the pump or not... It also makes EasyTouch programming easier for me. I program for 24x7 at 1400 RPM and then a couple of times a day I increase the speed to 1800 RPM, to help with skimmer action, although, after one season, I'm not sure that is needed at all. I just schedule a feature circuit on for an hour at 1800 and the pump will run at the highest speed, when the hour is up the pump just drops back to 1400.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.