how long does liquid chlorine retain full potency in the bottle?

I don't believe so, I think they are temperature only.
You want a dark tank out of the sun so there is no light exposure and reduced heat. If possible in an air conditioned room, I don't have that option. I don't have my system set up right now because I am using almost no chlorine, when I do have it set up I have a 5 Gal bucket that sits in an insulated redwood box I only add at most a couple of gallons at a time and only buy 2 to 4 gallons at a time to keep things as fresh as I can. I have not used the system at peak summer temps since the pool is new but I think most of the time I should get more than a week out of 2 gallons and I plan on topping off every Saturday. If we were to go on an extended vacation I would of course add more and probably aim for the high end of my FC range if not a bit over just to be safe, may be a waist of chlorine but I figure it's good insurance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.