Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with daughter's art project

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with daughter's art project

Since I consider this forum to be extended family, I'd like to ask for some non-pool, family-type help. My daughter made a blog for a college design class, and she will get extra points for hits.
    If anyone would visit her blog at http://blog.scad.edu/hstato20/, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with daughter's art project

Done. No school has a better acronym than SCAD.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. And yep, SCAD is a great art school, but we've had a lot of fun with the acronym. Well, mostly me.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

I went there too.

I guess SCAD is better that SCAB or SCAT.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Done!

6. Back To Top    #6

Done!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

I clicked, and read... maybe that can get her 2 extra points!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

8. Back To Top    #8

Me too, cool blog (sorry if that offends the cockroach overlords :P )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

9. Back To Top    #9

I really appreciate the support. She had to build a blog for her digital graphics class, and it's sort of new for her - it's definitely not her preferred medium, as she's more of a 'fantasy/anime' type.
    She did well with the setup, and she does have a certain... um... style of writing, so I'm pretty comfortable that she'll score well on her project, but she gets credits for hits as well.
    And Heather sends "A big thanks to all who visit."

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Your daughter has a very good grasp of the language and writes in a very entertaining manner. She may not "prefer" it but she's good at it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Clicked on and read! She's a sweetheart...good luck to her in art school!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

12. Back To Top    #12

Great stuff!
    15,000 gal. IG fiberglass pool w/ 1 hp Hayward Max-Flo and 250 lb. Hayward sand filter
    Located in St. Petersburg, Florida, and enclosed in a birdcage

13. Back To Top    #13

very amusing, great writing
    18 ft.52" Round Atrium AG -7600 gallons, Sand Filter, Vinyl liner, Royal Entrance Steps, 80 lbs.solarsalt

14. Back To Top    #14

Another hit on the site.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

15. Back To Top    #15

Count me in!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

16. Back To Top    #16

Done
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

17. Back To Top    #17

Is it OK for me to respond on her site? (I saw a couple things in her blogs that I thought of commenting on, but wasn't sure she wanted input from her father's pool site friends 8) )

Heather is creative and insightful (IF you can get on the same page she is on

Congrats on a great daughter!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Is it OK for me to respond on her site? (I saw a couple things in her blogs that I thought of commenting on, but wasn't sure she wanted input from her father's pool site friends 8) )

Heather is creative and insightful (IF you can get on the same page she is on

Congrats on a great daughter!!
    Sure, she appreciates pretty much all comments. Fortunately, our daughters still appreciate being associated with their family. Good kids - smart, don't drink, smoke or do drugs, have all been through AP or honors classes, and all have maintained 3.9+ GPAs. Aside from the occasional boyfriend sniffin' around, we really don't have much to complain about with them. Well, other than the cost. And the sheer volume of estrogen flowing around with three daughters. And the things that hang from the shower rod. And they like vegetables. Oh, and the hair. Holy ****, the hair. Excuse me, now I have this sudden urge to stomp a spider or change the oil in something.

Thanks for the kind words. We're all a little outside the box here.

19. Back To Top    #19

I would like to thank everyone for their visits and comments. This forum (along with a couple of rabbits that I may have pulled out of my hat) was instrumental in putting SOMEONE's daughter's blog at the top of the search engines. A search for "living falling down" (with quotes) has her number 1 on google, ask, live and technorati. Only hit second on yahoo, though. Not bad for a five day week.
    Thanks, everyone!