Single color light to replace Jandy CPHVLEDS50

Dec 22, 2015
Rocklin/CA
I want to find out what options are available to replace my Jandy CPHVLEDS50 multi-color light. It's died the end of last summer (I can hear the relay, but no light). I'm looking for a lower cost option, and would be fine with a single color solution - preferably one that enables an affordable bulb replacement the next time it goes out).

I have a Jandy PDA system with v4.1 firmware.

Thanks,
Dave

Agreed that the Jandy LED is a pricey light option, both new and when you have to replace the "light engine" when it goes bad ($499...what the??).

You will need to buy a new pool light assembly (housing, lens, gasket, circular face trim, 300w or 500w bulb). Google "Pentair-Amerlite" pool light. For about $200/$250' you'll get a 120v pool light assembly with 50'/100' of wire that you will have to splice into your existing wire and pull it through. (i.e., you won't be able to just hook up a new light to the existing wire that now runs from the light to the pool panel power source).

With this set up, you have several options. You can stick with just the plain white bulb; or buy a colored lens kit if you want a colored light; or for about $169, you can buy a reasonably priced screw-in multi colored led light bulb (Google "BulbWizard).

This set up won't have you breaking the bank when you have to replace either the plain light bulb or the LED light bulb.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.