Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: All tile pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

All tile pool?

Anyone done it? (been to the tile forum already) Looking for those who have experienced this and lived with an all-tile pool. Comments regarding pros, cons, tips and tricks!

TIA,
    Tikki
    15,300 gal., AG, sand filter, 1HP 2 speed pump, 40 GPM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: All tile pool?

SharkInHawaii has one that he posted a pic of in this thread. I think that's a new install, though.

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have one, but I vacationed once for 2 weeks in Mexico and the hotel pool was all tile. I was in the pool daily. It had very small tiles, I found it slippery but eventually got used to it. At times I would also find a tile that was not set flat and a corner would be raised, the end result was usually a cut foot. After two weeks the tile didn't bother me and I knew what areas to avoid cut feet. I guess it's all personal preference. No idea what chalenges if any there are with chemistry.
    18k Inground Plaster pool / TriStar Variable Speed Pump and Controller
    48sq ft Hayward DE filter/ Swim pure Plus 40k cell / Kreepy Krauly
    Solaxx Ph-Tek

4. Back To Top    #4

Tile is treated the same as plaster. The grout between the tiles is essentially plaster.

Tiled pools can be expensive to build.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, all, for the input. Looking at different options right now. On to the next topic!

Tikki
    15,300 gal., AG, sand filter, 1HP 2 speed pump, 40 GPM.

6. Back To Top    #6

I just got my pool tiled in Jan this year. Previous plaster had failed prior to my purchasing the home. Problem where I live in Hawaii is getting a reasonable deal on replastering. I decided to go all tile with stone on the stairs. You definately want to go with some professionals and I have no complaints at all. No sharp edges, very nice looking and even nicer to walk on. Not slippery at all. It is the more expensive option, but theoretically the tile will last many decades.
    16K Gallon, Rectangular, All Tile Surface, 14'X24'X5'
    1/2HP pump, Sand Filter
    FAS-DPD K-2006
    Year-Round Use!