Large in-ground SPA

Teight

Nov 27, 2015
Apex, NC
I have a rather large in ground spa (no pool just spa). I am winterizing it as it will not be used this winter. I have emptied it, blown all the water out of the lines. Add pool antifreeze to some of the exposed lines. I filled it back up to below the jets. However the jet lines are rather low. My question is will the remaining spa walls, not under water, crack or become damaged, if left out of the water? This is NOT a plastic/silicone type of spa. Should the water line go all the way up to just under the skimmer? If yes will the jets be ok underwater during the winter? In Apex, NC we do not get extended hard freezes!

If it's a plaster surface, I would not leave it half exposed. The exposed portion of the plaster could get damaged but, more likely, you will get an ugly calcium scale ring at the water line. You'll want to treat this like a very small in-ground pool, winterize the plumbing as best you can and chemically treat the water so that you keep it from going green. You should also open the SPA back up in the Spring as soon as the water starts reaching 60F consistently so that you can avoid algae growth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.