McAllen, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My VF pump is down to about 20gpm and was wondering it that is enough for the SWG to function correctly. It is sensing flow so I am assuming as long as that is happening then the unit should run correctly. Running my pump for 12 hrs daily.

Thanks

As long as your SWG is producing, there is not need to do anything else. I run my VS pump at 1000 RPMs and that gives mine enough flow. AS the temperature of your water decreases, so will your FC consumption and you can decrease your pump run time accordingly. Mine is now down to 6 hours a day with my SWG at 20%. Each pool is different and you are the best judge as to what yours needs.

Pentair says the IC40 needs a minimum of 25GPM of flow, but you should not worry about it if it is still showing good flow on the SWG. If you notice that the SWG is working intermittently then you might have to bump up the flow.

You'll want to check your FC when you get the TF-100 as the SWG could easily be making too much chlorine with a 12 hour run time. You don't list any automation in your specs so I'm assuming that the SWG is set to 20%.

Post a full set of test results when you get the TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.