valve automation using old jandy pcb and new jxi heater?

Nov 11, 2015
Prosper, TX
Hi. I'm new to the forum, and a pool automation rookie....but handy enough to install jandy jxi heater, heats fine, but I found that my new heater does not have JVA plugs to control my existing Jandy valve actuators. After talking to jandy and learning that pool automation has advanced from the stone age gear I used to have...(tech support said what I was trying to do was connect a commodore64 to a new computer). I priced out the aqualink RS and Z4 controllers they recommended...ouch! I just dropped 2k on heater and now I need to buy a controller for 600-1k?...just to turn some valves?..... I started thinking if there was a cheaper way to get my auto-valve actuation back using the old Lxi PCB and pump/polaris relays.

Old pcb#: 7529E has the JVA plugs, and 4 wires that match color of aqualink plug on the new heater control board.
new Heater Controller#: E0256800C

... so I tried it...

I connected the old PCB to the new heater controller aqualink 4 wire connection. matched the colors.
Set heater REMOTE setting to HI-LO_COM(3 wire) and T-STAT(2 wire) settings - (the only settings available).
Pushed spa button, heater on, no valve actuation.

I don't see any other settings on the heater controller that turns on the 4wire control.

Maybe I'm being a little hard headed here, and should just buy the RS or Z4 controller.....but its turned into an interesting puzzle.
Anyone tried this before?
Any ideas or maybe some other way?
IQ controller?

thanks.
Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.