Saltwater Pool is always reading High Chlorine

No info. Ok, don't worry about the stains, the could be metal or algae. Leslie's will test for metals if you ask them to, it's not the best method but it will give you an idea if they are present. You can take a water sample in and ask them to test it, just ignore the "helpful" advice and tell them you do t need any chemicals right now.

You can test the stains with a Vitamin C table. Just hold it on top of the stain for about 10mins or so and see if it lightens it. If it does, it's possibly iron.

Other than that, don't do anything until your test kit arrived as we'll just be shooting in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leslie's sold us something called Phos-Free but we've barely used it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Don't use it! It's phosphate remover and it's useless. Phosphates don't matter despite what the salesman at Leslie's says. Basically another bottle of magic beans you can chalk up to a loss.

No info. Ok, don't worry about the stains, the could be metal or algae. Leslie's will test for metals if you ask them to, it's not the best method but it will give you an idea if they are present. You can take a water sample in and ask them to test it, just ignore the "helpful" advice and tell them you do t need any chemicals right now.

You can test the stains with a Vitamin C table. Just hold it on top of the stain for about 10mins or so and see if it lightens it. If it does, it's possibly iron.

Other than that, don't do anything until your test kit arrived as we'll just be shooting in the dark.

OK I was able to get a copper looking stain out with the Vitamin C method but these rusty colors are about 5 1/2 ft deep and spread widely. Should I jump in and see?

Don't use it! It's phosphate remover and it's useless. Phosphates don't matter despite what the salesman at Leslie's says. Basically another bottle of magic beans you can chalk up to a loss.

OK..Luckily I only bought one bottle. I ordered the Taylor K-2006 from tftestkits.net Someone said to start with that one then learn the tf-100. It shipped Oct 30th. Will that kit have enough for me to give y'all enough data?

OK I was able to get a copper looking stain out with the Vitamin C method but these rusty colors are about 5 1/2 ft deep and spread widely. Should I jump in and see?

If vit C is lifting the stains, then they are metal. Don't jump in the pool. Just get your water tested for metals at Leslie's.

I know you're worried about your pool and you just want to "fix it". But the best thing we can do right now is stay calm, gather as much data as we can and formulate a plan of attack. Jumping in without a plan is just going to cause more problems.

Keep your powder dry, as they say.

If vit C is lifting the stains, then they are metal. Don't jump in the pool. Just get your water tested for metals at Leslie's.

I know you're worried about your pool and you just want to "fix it". But the best thing we can do right now is stay calm, gather as much data as we can and formulate a plan of attack. Jumping in without a plan is just going to cause more problems.

Keep your powder dry, as they say.

True! I just want a blue sparkly pool like it was when we bought this house.
My husband is unfamiliar with the Taylor testing so I have a kit left by the previous owner "Rainbow Water"?
It's much easier because you drop 5x reagent 1 and it turns a certain shade of yellow. Well, it was red last night :(
fec015a69d8d52b12d870e5fbd9f6638.jpg

That is when my husband finally believed me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My FC is 23 PPM!

Threads merged by Divin Dave

So I received the Taylor K-2006 yesterday.
I collected a water sample correctly.
I added 2 scoops of the DPD powder.
I tested it both ways .25 ML and .10 ML
My results were:
25ML: 119 drops of R-0871 until clear
10ML: 44 drops (above)

I then added 5 drops of R-003 and it stayed clear not pink.
I followed a YouTube guide step by step.
I thought I'd go ahead and post this insanely high reading before going further.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: My FC is 23 PPM!

Congrats on your test kit!

In order to evaluate your pool, we need a complete set of numbers listed like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

Once you post that, folks will be able to assist.

Re: My FC is 23 PPM!

So as to save reagents when you test, go ahead and just use the 10 mL water sample size to test your FC. Each drop added is totaled than just divide by 2.

44 drops= 22 FC ....way faster and easier, IMO! :joker:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.