Just refilled and testing, need advice please

The trick is to Maintain until clear. That's the hardest part for a lot of folks. Clear is when you can see every little detail on whatever is on the bottom of the deepest part. I usually suggest a quarter dropped in the deepest part. If you can tell heads or tails, you're good.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an example: Cloudy pool

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that it dropped that much overnight means it's still working on stuff. As you know from the SLaM instructions, more than 1 ppm lost overnight is considered significant.

- - - Updated - - -

You have been brushing often, right? At least once or twice a day?

You'll need to bring that FC back to up to 39+ continuously for awhile yet. Be sure to run your pump 24/7 and clean your filter cartridge EVERY DAY. That was the hardest part for me. Also, you need to brush the pool EVERY DAY also. I know it's a pain, but once you pass the OCLT it gets so much easier to maintain. Hang in there.

Don't worry about other water parameters until you get through the SLAM

Thanks! Only brushed it once yesterday. I go do that now and then add more bleach to bring it back up. Pump was on all night and still is, I'll leave it on until the SLAM is done. I work from home but have calls all day long, so I'll be running out in between calls as I can to maintain it.

Your CYA will not change that much. The only thing to really watch during a SLAM is FC. Don't worry about anything else for right now.

Brushing and adding chlorine=clear pool!

I can really see a color difference already! Good work!

Kim

Ok, last night at 7:00 pm FC measured 41 and this morning at 8:30 am it measured 40. Here is a couple pictures from this morning, it is still raining some and overcast so the pictures aren't great.

20151028_084946-e1446037002879.jpg

20151028_085023-e1446037349216.jpg

I believe I'm meeting all 3 criteria now. My cell phone can't seem to take good pictures of the pool. The water is clear, the liner isn't white to make it look as clear as it really is. There are pebble sized dots on the bottom and they are very clear to see with my eyes but doesn't pickup with the camera.

What would be next steps?

20151029_161951-e1446150154801.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.