shed some light on equipment choices please?

Mrskd

Oct 17, 2015
Maryland
Hi there!

This is my first post but I've been reading here for about the past month trying to learn all that I can to get a lovely pool in the ground at our house - rectangle 18x36 gunite. It definitely isn't just a matter of digging a hole, filling it with water and jumping in.
This is all new to me so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious. I'm really trying to do my due diligence and have gotten down to the following list of equipment (glad I avoided the Nature 2 Fusion Soft thanks to this forum):

Jandy aqua purr
Jandy phpm pump 1.5 hp
Jandy de filter v 48
Aqua cal 155 a Heat Pump
Polaris Tr 35 p

How does this all look to you all? Any better choices or am I missing an important thing? Any options/help are really appreciated. Thank you! I'm glad I found this site. It has been so helpful!

Welcome to TFP!

Be sure to get the 2 speed version of the pump. Running it on low will be plenty of water flow for normal filtration, etc. 2 speed pumps generally move half the water using a quarter of the electricity.

agree with going for 2 speed pump at a minimum.
Get as big of a filter as you can afford. When it comes to filters, the bigger they are the better. less time between cleanings, and the bigger the filter, the lower the pressure in the filter will be, which is a good thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.