New member, in the industry...

R00

In The Industry
Oct 22, 2015
San Martin
Hi all, I've been a certified pool and spa operator for over 3 years now. No worries, I'm not looking for more work, I'm full up, so I'm not selling anything!

Mainly joined because I keep finding this forum in searches I've done for whatever problem I'm facing in the pool industry that day. I learned a long time ago that if I want know how to do something right, use the internet and find like-minded folk working on the same problem. Most answers come easily to me this way, in all walks of life.

I prefer the mechanical side of pools and spas. I can swap out a pump seal in about 20 minutes, depending on the make and model of the pump. Motor swaps, also, are cakewalks. I'm currently honing my RayPak gas-fired heater troubleshooting skills, and I don't even mind busting down a filter and spraying down/replacing grids, cartridges, manifolds, etc...

Pool chemistry came fairly easy to me, as did fluid dynamics. I won't call them my strong suits, but I know how to balance a pool or spa, and I can setup a pool's jets to optimize skimmers, provided there's sufficient flow.

Anyhow, I'm forum babbling. I basically signed up so I can more easily do searches here, and even possibly throw in my $.02 on a problem someone might have. Thanks for having me!

/R00

Welcome aboard :wave:

Hopefully you've spent some time perusing through PoolSchool and learning all about the TFPC Method of pool care. It sounds like you've been lurking around for a while so I'm sure you're familiar enough with how we do things here. Definitely post any questions you might have and we'll be happy to field them. And, as you said, add your $0.02 anytime you read a post and can help a fellow TFP'er out!

Cheers,
Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you could, please add details into your signature. You said you do pool & spa service but did not say if you actually own one yourself? If not, that's ok, just add some personal details to the signature. Is it San Martin, California?? (City & State info helps).