New Owner Builder Pool - Buckeye AZ

I will miss the stream - I was over the moon for that idea! But save $10,000? That's a no brainer for me! Lol!!! As you said, maybe later. And the good thing about that is after you've lived with all the rest in your plans, you may decide it's just not wanted anymore.

This is such an amazing design. I love everything, I mean everything, about it!!!

Suz.

But you can't put any tv outside and leave it, can you? I thought the heat and humidity would kill it unless it was made to be an outdoor tv.

- - - Updated - - -

First let me say I truly love your pool design! I have a question about the movie screen. I am an engineer by trade and my concern with the movie screen would be the fact that projectors are definitely going to be obsolete soon. I know my company is getting rid of all projectors in meeting rooms and going with flat panel TV's. Also if you don't have the angle just right it could effect the viewing of the movie. Could you build a small gazebo thing to hold a large TV instead? I know this is probably more costly initially but after it is done then you could just replace the TV when it goes out. Plus projectors go through light bulbs like crazy and if you use them a lot they don't last that long.

I have friends (who have way more money than me) and their outdoor bar has the huge TV behind the bar and you can see it from the pool for movie nights. Perhaps rig the TV in the sunken bar somehow? Or have it so it can pull up or go down etc... Me personally I wouldn't have my design include a projector anymore just because TV's look so much better and are so cheap now for the sizes you can get. I think they had a 75 or 80" TV at costco that was 4k for under 2k dollars.

I do plan to have a tv in the ramada area for anyone inside or sitting at the counter or nearby on a float from the pool to be able to watch foorball, or whatever. Likely a 47 to 55" whatever ends up fitting best.

The big screen is totally temporary/removable when not in use and is only for movie nights or other special occasions. The posts the we connect the screen to will be permanent, and will either get a lamp, or flame Fixture. We already do this at a friends pool, and even with his low end portable projector he sets up, it is good enough PQ, much like a drive in from back in the day, and is just fun. I am getting several free projectors from a good friend whos office/training center is upgrading to touch tv's, so this helps. If my math is correct or close, the projector will be about 16' away, just below the main support beam on the corner of the ramada, to the right of the support column next to sitting stool and standing counter. At night that area is totally dark, which will make the PQ much better. I am aware that projectors are old tech, but to get the size i want, it is currently the only way. i will make sure the angles are correct before setting the posts, though there is some adjustment on the projector to compensate some angles. I am pretty geeky with my AV tech, and have a 70" 4k tv in the house, but the size jst wouldnt work for what I have in mind, though the PQ is amazing.

Losing the stream was a big deal for me, but at the end of the day, i think the right choice. It was more of a hidden feature of the yard, as it was obscured by the ramada area. Thats why i liked it so much, but we will work something out in that area, just no digging, rebar, shorcrete, pump, bridge, etc. :)

Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.