Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I have a new pool with a Polaris 380. I'm not happy with it. It gets hung up by stairs too often. Eventually, it does get free of the stairs, but it happens to get hung up a lot.

More importantly, I also feel like it misses spots every now and then. Sure, I can leave it running 24/7 and probably get good results, but I was thinking that I really should only need it running for a period of time each day. It supposedly does a full cleaning in 3 hours, but I haven't found that to be the case.

My first thought was that they must make automatic cleaners that have some kind of functionality to know where they've cleaned already and avoid missing areas. So, I did some research and found out the difference between a robot (what I think I want) and a pressure cleaner (what I have).

Am I correct that there are no robots out there that also can be hooked up to a booster pump for extra effectiveness/power?

Thanks in advance for any info and/or recommendations.

That would be true that you cannot hook a robot into the pool plumbing. Robots operate independently of the pool. They generally have their own little pump that propels the cleaner and scoops up the debris. You may want to research how much power the pump inside the robot has, and the capacity of the collection system to help you decide which cleaner you want.

That would be true that you cannot hook a robot into the pool plumbing. Robots operate independently of the pool. They generally have their own little pump that propels the cleaner and scoops up the debris. You may want to research how much power the pump inside the robot has, and the capacity of the collection system to help you decide which cleaner you want.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I also just realized that a plus with my current setup is that I'm able to include the cleaner as part of my pool's automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.