h400fdp heater, wont start when commanded by prologic

Aug 22, 2013
So, this heater starts quickly when I use the manual heater mode. I set it to bypass operation to allow my pro logic to set the temp on my display and heater light illuminates (as normal), however, heater wont start. NOTE - this method did work just two weeks ago. I do not understand how this can be intermittent. Thoughts or suggestions?

Did you set the heaters temp on the front of the unit to 104? The automation unit does not set the temp on the heater. You set the temp to the 104 and then if you have the automation set up correctly, it will turn the unit on and off and it will monitor the temp to what you set it at on the automation system.

Well with my unit i can set the temp i want the water to increase to under settings, normally it will start the heater and once water temp rises to set temp, it will keep the temp at what ever the setting is. Does this jive with your understanding?

Yes I understand that you can set the temp under settings on your automation system. But you must set the temp on the heaters front panel to the highest it can go. So, have you set the heaters temp on the heater to be the highest it can go, usually 104?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.