Aug 9, 2015
Waxhaw, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I backwashed my filter on Monday. When I added the DE slurry, I noticed the DE blowing into the pool through the jets. Unfortunately I had added a few pounds before I noticed it happening. When I looked at the filter, the pipes were vibrating quite a bit. I turned off the filter, switched to bypass and the shaking stopped, so I'm assuming a grid or something else came loose inside the filter. I'm not yet comfortable getting inside the filter, especially given that something appears to be out of whack. The local pool repair guy said he'd get to me as soon as possible, hopefully this week, but he hasn't come yet. There's noticeable dusting of DE on the steps and benches. I have two questions:
First, does anyone know what might have happened that would cause the vibration/shaking?
Second, my granddaughters want to swim this weekend. Is it safe to swim with the DE in the pool?

Thanks!

I'm not sure why the plumbing is shaking and the filter is allowing the DE to get past the filter and into the pool. The filter will need to be taken apart to find the cause. Did you shut off the pump before moving the backwash valve?

I would not swim in the pool with DE in it. Do you have a manual vacuum and a waste setting on the filter valve? If so, vacuum the DE and send it to waste and then keep the pool running on recirculate instead of filter and your pool should be good to swim in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.