AquaRite Chlorinator - No power light, Generating light and no flow, then goes dark

Sep 9, 2015
Palm Harbor, fl
This is an older thread to which I believe my problem points to however it talks about taking the piece off before being able to see the back of it and mine per the pic is easily with a gentle bend. Is this the same \ similar issue or is there one located behind the board as well?
Aquarite Not generating - lights not on.

I believe I need to replace the black 'disc' ??

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
That black disk with sl32 2r025 printed on it is the input resistor. That is the most common failure. If you are replacing it there are videos on YouTube that may assist you. Be very careful when disconnecting the wires and take pictures of everything so you are sure to get them all back in place. The part is available from DigiKey for about $2.50, shipping cost more than the part.

I found an easy way to replace it. Cut the legs off the old one leaving them as long as possible, the bend them over the legs of the new one and solder in place. This way there is no soldering directly on the PC board and the new resistor is left standing off the board at a 90 degree angle for better cooling. You can notice on your board evidence of damage from overheating near the base of the resistor, this avoids that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.