Very green lagoon style pool - helping friend learn TFPC and getting control of pool

SLAM complete. [emoji41]

FC at 8pm last night: 14. CC was 0. Water crystal clear.

FC at 7:15am this morning: 13.5. CC was 0, maybe 0.5 (if it had a tinge of pink it was barely noticeable). Water was so clear you would spot a sewing pin in the deep end.

Here are the stats:
11 days
33 jugs 8.25% bleach ($96)
10 gallons 12% from pool store ($50)
4 pounds stabilizer ($15)
3/4 gallon muriatic acid ($6)
Green to clean and helping a friend: priceless

So just under $170. That doesn't count the $500 wasted at the pool store before I got my hands on it.

853d7f36012b8d97ed0bfaf0d8037435.jpg

be87ea61f23375740b5f34d859543eae.jpg

1ca8f8f272928edf6b8b58d73742155a.jpg

6e7a00b7b0b9c1f14f1c1ceb0ebd6ea4.jpg

That's a wrap!

With a CYA level of only 20 does a FC loss of 7ppm over 12 daylight hrs seem excessive? Just checked pool and it was 6 from 13.5 this morning. But overnight loss was only 0.5. Even though they are closing pool in 3 weeks maybe I should bump CYA to 40?

Once you have passed your SLAM, it becomes a chess game of adjusting CYA to a level adequate enough to protect the FC. We like to rely on a routine loss of 2-4 ppm. So now that you are algae free, yes, it may be time to raise the CYA a bit. Weather may be changing soon there, so you don't need to go too high, just try increments of 10 ppm at a time and see how that works. Great job Steve. Your thread will be the TFP poster child of success for a while. Have a great weekend. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I knew it!
Just like I said at the first part of this thread Steve, you having the experience you do and understanding the process, this would go quick.
to go from that really dark green to clear in 11 days is outstanding.

I hope your friend is cooking the steaks and supply the cold ones.

Nice job man

Thanks everyone! Spent a while reading all the suggestions, help, encouragement given on here, it is really cool to see how many people out there are willing to help �� very very cool. So thanks again and a BIG thanks to Steve!!! Yes.... lots to read and learn, I am actually really enjoying the learning process.
Lilian

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.