Very green lagoon style pool - helping friend learn TFPC and getting control of pool

Hello Lilian, Welcome to TFP. Hopefully now that the pool is clear again, and the pump issues resolved, it will be smooth sailing from this point on. We're really glad you're here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have a long the way, and enjoy the large amount of learning/teaching materials offered here on TFP as well. Congrats on your clear pool. Steve did a heck of a job for sure. Have a wonderful day :).

Steve:

Nice pictures in post # 141. Pictures are great. Pool looks great. Job well done.

Kind of shows everyone the progress. What would be neat is to see how many gallons daily, or at least throughout the progress. We all know more in the beginning and less in the end.

What program did you use to take all the pictures and place them in one? Just curious? Little off subject. Is it Adobe Photoshop?

When I was just speaking of chlorine consumption being lower, I was talking about after the SLAM. But in general, we were using about 3 121oz jugs during the SLAM. A bit more in the beginning.

As for the comparison photos, that was all on my iPhone. If you take the pictures and add them to an album as you go, they will all be in order of when the picture was taken. Then, I just took a snapshot of my phone when I was viewing the album with all the pool check pics, and then cropped out the header and footer. Pretty simple...

So I did a full compliment of tests on this pool yesterday. CH is high at around 460. The thought of replacing 30% of the water is not something that is appealing given what we just did. Plus the owners are on a well so they'd likely decide to truck it in for a cost of about $300. Is a level like that something that needs to be addressed in a gunite pool? They will be draining it a bit for winterizing soon so my thought is drain the 14" in 3 weeks and check again in spring. But just curious if it would cause any issues over the winter. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wait. I'm a bozo. I think I forgot 5th grade math. With the current readings for CH and PH, CYA and TA, CSI is .26. So if I change nothing, I am more than -0.6 and less than 0.6. As 0.26 < 0.6. :) So I think this is telling me that all is well?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.