My pool started showing algea growth on the wall and the bottom. I shocked it a couple of times using bleach and never able to completely get rid of it. Maybe I didn't shocked it high enough.
I restarted the battle yesterday. I poured 10 gal of 6% bleach into my 14000g paster pool. I guess the FC level was fairly high already though I didn't know how much. I constantly shocked it a couple of times using liquid chorline and bleach last week. I tested the water last night:
PH: unknown (forgot to test it before shock0
I tried to test it this morning but it didn't worked out something.
Got some feedback from the forum and re-tested this afternoon:
Am I doing the right thing? According to the CYA chart, 30 is encough to kill the algea.
But I can still see algae on the wall and steps. I tried to blush really hard but it seems that algae is hiding in the corners here and there. Also, the wall is a bit rough due to the age of the pool (30 years). What should I do now besides keeping the FC high? Will the FC eventually kill all the algea even if I couldn't get to them with brushing? Is my CH too high?