Calcium level high

MCarr

Aug 29, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Took my first readings with TF-100 test kit. Read instructions and watched videos which were very helpful.
pH- 7.5
FC 4ppm
CC 1.5
CYA 60 ppm
TA 70
salt 3600
Calcium hardness 475

Calcium was pretty high but I am not noticing any significant scaling. Should I do anything about this or let it ride? If I need to do something how would I correct it? Do I just drain pool some and then add water to dilute it? Thanks!

Took my first readings with TF-100 test kit. Read instructions and watched videos which were very helpful.
pH- 7.5
FC 4ppm
CC 1.5
CYA 60 ppm
TA 70
salt 3600
Calcium hardness 475

Calcium was pretty high but I am not noticing any significant scaling. Should I do anything about this or let it ride? If I need to do something how would I correct it? Do I just drain pool some and then add water to dilute it? Thanks!

Your CSI based on those numbers is -0.17. You are not in danger of scaling. Your CH could go as high as 725ppm and you'd still be near 0 CSI. The only way to lower calcium hardness is to drain and replace pool water with a low CH source.

If you're concerned about calcium, what is the CH of your fill water? That will tell you a lot about where you can expect your CH to go in the future.

The more alarming number I see is your CC's are 1.5ppm. That's a bit elevated and is indicative of organics being oxidized by chlorine. That number should typically be 0.5ppm or less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.