Owner / Builder Pool - Please Critique

Your TA has come down with the acid additions, grab some baking soda, dilute it in a 5 gallon bucket and then add it to the pool. Costco has good pricing on 13 pound Arm & Hammer bags. Lets try 20 ponds and see what happens. Should get you to around 175 for the TA.

Expect your pH to rise much quicker after doing this and only lower the pH to 7.8. Going any lower will require more baking soda to get the TA back up. Just adding the baking soda will take the pH to 8 so prepare for that as well.

The chlorine level is fine, there really isn't much need to test it right now since the water is so cold and you are using the pucks. Are you still seeing plaster dust? If so, keep the pump running. If not run it 8 hrs a day and pull the pucks from the skimmer and put them in a floater to avoid damaging the equipment.

I forgot to mention that while your TA is high you can use the following to save on reagents and the results are well within the realm of accuracy:

10ML Sample
1 drop R-0007
3 Drops R-0008
Each Drop R-0009 = 25ppm

There is really no need to do the TA test with a 25 ml sample until the TA falls below 100

Your pool is beautiful. I live in Rancho Cucamonga and we have had several pool companies come out and are seriously thinking of doing an owner build pool. We have a large yard like you do. Could I get the name of your subcontractors? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Your pool is beautiful. I live in Rancho Cucamonga and we have had several pool companies come out and are seriously thinking of doing an owner build pool. We have a large yard like you do. Could I get the name of your subcontractors? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sure, not a problem. Send me a pm with your email address.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.