Pool Build -- Annapolis, MD

Hi Modena, can you pm your guy's name to me, too? I hunted down your thread this morning and your back yard is just AMAZING!!!

vbertone, have you considered posting pics? We love pool builds here!

For everyone else who may be wondering, we are all in the same county here in Maryland, neighbors! :)

I'm hoping for a long swim season! Our pool was completed in early August. So we swam only a couple months. We may have swum in October. But then the water turned chilly. We tried a blanket but it didn't seem to work and was very cumbersome. I guess heaters are a must up north. I wish I had one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered my very first XL test kit and speed stir -- Kim will be very happy with me. :)

I am soooooo antsy to get my pool finished and the season started!! All of the down time waiting for plaster has convinced us to upgrade our finish to a pebble product. PB is going to drop some samples by tomorrow. I'm leaning to Pebblesheen Blue Granite with abalone shells.

I just ordered my very first XL test kit and speed stir -- Kim will be very happy with me. :)

I am soooooo antsy to get my pool finished and the season started!! All of the down time waiting for plaster has convinced us to upgrade our finish to a pebble product. PB is going to drop some samples by tomorrow. I'm leaning to Pebblesheen Blue Granite with abalone shells.

Lol! Waiting is EXPENSIVE!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol! Waiting is EXPENSIVE!!!

Seriously!!! But I figure the pebble finish won't have to be replaced in 7-12 years like the quartz finish, at which point we'd probably replace the waterline tiles, etc, too, and spend even more. So we're really saving money, right??

- - - Updated - - -

Helen, look at SuzfromTexas's thread. She has a Blue Granite pool. It's a really long thread but the finished pics are near the end, I think.

I did very recently, knowing she used granite blue!! She really has a beautiful pool.

LOL I am VERY happy with you! You will love being in charge of your own pool. The only "sad" thing is that you will not get to experience being "pool stored". WAIT you CAN........take your pool water down and let them test it for you and see how much that trip would cost you just to see how much we save you every day!

Kim

Hi Modena, can you pm your guy's name to me, too? I hunted down your thread this morning and your back yard is just AMAZING!!!

vbertone, have you considered posting pics? We love pool builds here!

For everyone else who may be wondering, we are all in the same county here in Maryland, neighbors! :)

You should organize a roving pool party tour this summer -- cocktails, wine and cheese -- three to four local pool visits?

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

We took our new test kit out for a trial run, kinda proud of myself!

Tap water:
CL 1.0
pH 7.5
FC 1.5
CC 0
TC 1.5
CH 75
TA 60
CYA 0

I hope you didn't actually test for CYA as there should be none present in municipal or well water. No sense in wasting reagent.

Your fill water will be very aggressive (CSI ~ -0.77) towards plaster. Whoever is doing your startup should be made aware of these numbers as they will need to add both calcium and alkalinity to the water (assuming a bicarbonate startup).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I hope you didn't actually test for CYA as there should be none present in municipal or well water. No sense in wasting reagent.

Oh yes, Matt, yes we did. Good thing it was zero, huh? ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Yea for you! You did it and nothing "bad" happened! Good job!

Kim

Dare I say, it was easy?? Just followed the directions!

- - - Updated - - -

What a beautiful pool and yard. Love the different levels and steps to transition. Love your dog too:)

Thanks, and if I must speculate, I think you must be a dog breeder?

- - - Updated - - -

LoL I ordered my test kit yesterday.
Your pool is open? I won't open mine until 4/15.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Test kit is scary, just follow directions on the card. If you can drive a Modena through Annapolis streets, you can test your pool water, LOL :) We don't have plaster yet -- construction halted late Fall. Soon....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.