Brand New Pool with some black marks appearing

I am freaking out on this one...is this algae or something else? The pool was filled on Friday the 21st and I have been monitoring the cc and ph closely and the PB has a pool guy coming to help with start up and will be visiting my house every Thursday for about 2 months to help me get going. But on Saturday afternoon, I noticed these small black marks on the gray plaster...is it staining or algae or ????? I have been brushing the entire pool three to 5 times a day and the pump has been on almost non stop since pool was filled.

thanks
View attachment 42345View attachment 42346

Did you fill with well water?

Take a sample to the pool store and ask them to run a test for metals, but don't mention its a new pool. And don't buy anything they try to sell you! I know its so early and unlikely, but if it were my pool I'd just want to rule it out in my mind.

Did you fill with well water?

Take a sample to the pool store and ask them to run a test for metals, but don't mention its a new pool. And don't buy anything they try to sell you! I know its so early and unlikely, but if it were my pool I'd just want to rule it out in my mind.

not well water, but I dont want to rule anything out...I will take a sample of water to Leslie's tonight after work and get it tested.

I will post results in the morning.

thank you

Ok, had the water tested at the pool store and they found no copper in the water and everything looked good except my chlorine was .5 and the PH was 8.1
I went home and added 1/3 gallon of acid and then about an hour later added 1 gallon of liquid chlorine. this morning tested water (with very cheap test kit PB gave me) and chlorine was around 3.0 and PH was 7.5ish...

other than that, how often should I use conditioner in the water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.