TA/ acidity

Stated earlier in the thread I had been relying on the store testing where I bought pool supplies. I now have my own FAS/DPD test kit as of today. I really don't want to slam the pool till this weekend is over. I could change the water but if the fill water is too cool then no one will want to use it this weekend. Kind of a bummer.

Well decided to refill about 50%. Mainly so I can play with things and be ready for next year. Decided to run the pump while backfilling got a 7.8 reading for PH. I don't think I ever saw that high when I kept mine in FL. Had the pump running so chlorine was also going in while filling also thought it might help warm up the fill water. Decided to turn it off with PH a bit high. Someone else is asking this and I wonder also how much chlorine is too much to swim in?

The safe level of chlorine is dependant on your CYA level. It is safe to swim when the chlorine is between the minimum and the shock level listed in the table in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.