Long story... back again lol

First up... Fix leak at pump :/ I think I am OK on the supplies part.. My confusion now is how to stop water flow in the pipes to fix/install anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm just up I-5 from you, Christina, so not too far but then again, not too close. :)

I replumbed my whole pool pad to reorganize it...fun stuff. LOL

Sometime you just gotta cut everything out and start over fresh but that does take some chutzpah.

Well, I'm just up I-5 from you, Christina, so not too far but then again, not too close. :)

I replumbed my whole pool pad to reorganize it...fun stuff. LOL

Sometime you just gotta cut everything out and start over fresh but that does take some chutzpah.

Aww come on... You know you want to come visit Disney lol

So the last two days, I have been losing 4ppm of chlorine at night so have been slamming. Much harder to do when I am at work so I am hoping I can maintain high levels until the weekend comes when I can really dig in. The cooler temps this week will help since I won't have kids begging to go swimming.

Filter is holding steady in PSI and been having hubby and son brush the pool while I am work... Today will plug in the vacuum for a few hours. Water is still crystal clear and I don't see any algae evidence but obviuosly something is eating it up :)

I was looking at the photos of your pool and spa and there are some nooks and crannies and hidden spots that might be harboring the algae that is using your chlorine overnight.

So, move the ladder around and check under it where it rests against the pool wall.

If you have lights, inside the light niche might have some residences of the green guy.

Check inside the skimmer(s) and you might even pull the eyeballs/jets/returns off and make sure they are clean and even if they are, scrub them just to be sure.

Anything within the pool that is bolted on or can be removed may hide algae behind it.

I have found no way to remove the ladder, I did recomment to landlord to have it replaced since it is old but I do keep brushing it.

Cleaned skimmer which really was nothing but a big hole lol and clean but I brushed it, the return was clean too.. I only have one of each and no drain. It is obvious something is there and of course our vac goes around the perimeter of the deep end but never where I need it lol

Hubby will usually go in with deep skimmer to try and scoop up what vac misses but since the heater is off while doing this, I don't think anyone wants in at the moment lol

So I had brought the level up to 24 this morning before I left for work (5:30am) and checked it when I got home around 4:30 and it was 16.5. Bumped it back over 20 and brushed again all over and the vacuum has been running half the day. Will keep checking it tonight and keep it at 20 or above :)

And because I know you guys... The obligatory pic for the day.. The water is beautiful :)

d1f7a22b58afd44c696b79af7b657087.jpg

So a question... Still losing at night :( but I wondered if that old ladder that is rusty might be causing it? Would rust have an effect?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tried to remove the ladder but is actually in the concrete so that isn't happening lol

Nothing is green.. Normal rust. Going to let the kids swim today after work so I will send my son around with a brush and net again lol

So my guess now is that once my pressure rises (and it is slowly) and since I can't backwash that I will need to manually clean it?

Le sigh....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.