Long story... back again lol

From what I can see in the pictures, you ARE missing the multiport valve. It is listed as an option on that filter model. Not sure how they propose to backwash with out it.

so you are saying I am NOT crazy lol I swear I felt like I was nuts not seeing anything ... maybe I will ask them tomorrow about adding one eventually....

It might be between the filter and the heater. I can't quite make out that area. can you do another pic of that spot?

This is between the filter and heater

filtersetup.jpg

between.jpg

That seals it then. The front is where the multiport is supposed to be for that filter. I was hoping it might have been snuck around the side.

:(

- - - Updated - - -

here's the link i was looking at. https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/ProGrid-DExx20.pdf

you have no idea how happy I am to hear I am not crazy lol I will see how the cleaning goes tomorrow and ask about putting in a control valve.. somewhere... unless they can show me something I am missing in this set up...

and that is the same owners manual I have been staring at all day... and made me decide to hire someone to come service it lol

Ok so lots of updates today!! Service guy came and serviced the filter which had NOT been done in a very long time... Sent my landlord these pics too..

First instead of drawing a schematic, I printed a pic of the whole system, laminated it and wrote on that for us to use as reference.

34EEF475-37C6-4E0B-95EE-83C122488A1E.jpg

With that done, I got the info I needed and No, there is no way to backwash. He stated that this was installed wrong.. Duh... And there is nowhere to put one now :( so he pulled the filter apart and yuck!

43785961-DAE2-48CC-B27E-89BD07DFBE56.jpg

B0C8EAB4-1594-4C50-A61E-E4FF78CAE27E.jpg

He took it out front and gave it a good cleaning..

1439637B-EFBE-4513-A872-C8246BA91AC3.jpg

91CEFDDF-677F-4755-B924-638481D79D6B.jpg

Loaded it all back up and refilled the DE.. Guess what..amazingly the pressure gauge works lol holding at 8psi :)

So after he was done and pump could run again for a bit, I took a fresh set of numbers:

FC: 1
CC: .5
CH: 480
PH: 7.2
TA: 120
CYA: 30 (woohoo!)

I pulled the FC up to 6.

We have had lots of family over today and lots of pool action so will test again later this evening :)

292d858f600a9faaa904f4c41ed02eaf.jpg

Very sparkly lol hopefully the pics didn't come out huge :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, it looks like those grids are holding water ... that is a sign that they need to be chemically cleaned (see the first link I provide) or possibility replaced.

Usually you want to clean the grids upside down so the water can get out easier too.

And also taking it completely apart lets you clean it better, although a little tricky to put back together (the first time anyway).

FYI - looking at the manual we were looking at the other day, a multi port valve could be added. It would take a little ingenuity, but it could be done. I'll try to draw it up and post it if you are interested.

Good idea about the picture with the writing. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Like I said, ingenuity. It would take some fancy pvc work and it might look ugly but I hate the idea of you not being able to backwash a DE filter. Or vacuum to waste. Which could be even more important at times.

I'm also wondering what those extra pvc pipes are for?

Ugh I know nothing of plumbing and last time I tried to do anything with my Intex, I cut a huge hole in it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've wanted an excuse to go back to Cali! :)

When you are ready. All that you really need to do is go to your local DIY store, with a picture of what you want to do. There are folks there that LIVE for helping, quite a lot like us. Make a list of all the stuff they say you need and write down everything they say. Then bring that info here. I bet you'll have a number of folks that will look over everything and make sure it makes sense.

If you can use a saw and contact cement it really shouldn't be too much harder than that.

And look, you already know how NOT to use a knife. That's better than a lot of people I know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.