Been Lurking, Going to Try, Wish Me Luck!

Have you read about the OCLT yet?

Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

When your water is clear, it's one of the criteria to meet to end the SLAM. if you end too early, problems can return. This is where the importance of accurate testing comes into play.

You will be truly amazed when this process is done and your water is clearer than you ever imagined it could be!

Read, yes. Done, no, waiting for the test kit.

Tonight, I'm swapping filters to soak the filter that's cleaned the pool out overnight. Tomorrow I'll let run with a clean filter and a clean pool. Then we'll do the OCLT.

OCLT, does pump run or not?

Glad your pool is clearing up! It is fine to keep your PH anywhere between 7.2 and 7.8. Just enter all your numbers in Poolmath and make sure that your CSI score is in range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regarding the 'cult' comment, yes, the chorus about the test kit can be a little off-putting to a new visitor. Part of that is just that it is important to have reliable test results, and people posting on a thread don't always read the previous posts... So, they make sure to mention the importance of the right test kit... yet again (!) from your p.o.v. Add a few posts using the word 'faith' and it's enough to make you wonder what the heck is going on here. Hopefully, as you spend more time here, you'll see that not only does the method work, but there is a lot of high quality advice, freely offered, on this forum.

As for trichlor pucks being evil (I think you said something of the sort) - no, that really is not the message here. The primary message is to understand what exactly is going on in your pool water, and then make educated decisions on what to add when. Pucks are (occasionally) used by many forum members - perfectly fine, as long as long as your water isn't already too high in CYA.

Here are some images I got, but they are through the screen. And the Green one is after things started to get a little better.

Can't wait to do an OCLT and see if we are all clear, kids can't wait to swim, it's been a few weeks since we ran into pump problems.

IMG_4217.jpgIMG_4253.jpg

As long as FC is below slam, pH is in range and you can see bottom clearly, swimming is okay. If FC is above normal, close to SLAM level then the suggestion is to not wear the good suit, just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

How the heck do you keep that water in there? He, he, he. Love how the pic thing will sometimes do that. Makes for fun conversations! :)

These were sent to me by the co-owner of the pool... so watch your mouth... :cool:

USPS claims to have delivered my test kit... I assume I'll need to physically hold it in my hand to update my signature and keep the rapid dogs at bay.

No Rabid dogs here, Alex, I'm certain we've all had our shots. Just a lot of great members trying to help. You need to be nice though, or the teaching of the secret handshake, as jeff mentioned above, might have to be postponed. Just an FYI though all the cool kids who have clear pool, and the right test kit, know the secret handshake. Glad you got your kit in today though, now you can get er done. Have a nice day :).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.