New Build in Naples, Florida

smklaw

Aug 4, 2015
Naples, Florida
Been considering adding a pool for 3-4 years since moving into new home. Been getting by with an above ground pool which has been OK, but its time to do it right. I will likely build the pool owner/builder as I have a friend that has done several that way and has a good subcontractor list and will help. I have lots of space and want to do a larger pool than most I see. Thinking approx 40' x 20' free form, sort of a crescent shape but with a 6' raised jacuzzi inside the left side of the pool with a 24" border (lazy river) around it (idea from currentking build thread where I took pic below from) and a big tanning ledge on the other end of the pool. Having a hard time finding a program to rough-draw the pool with. Thinking 4 lights in main pool, 1 in jacuzzi, 1 in lazy river behind jacuzzi and 1 light for the waterfall feature.
images
2C1EF3C6-82BD-4DC6-AAEC-2D23D6767007.jpg
7646496616_14d804e052.jpg
Trying to work on an equipment and plumbing layout for budget purposes and bidding out parts of the job. I am leaning towards using all Jandy/Zodiac equipment with my preliminary equipment list as follows:
  1. Jandy RS-PS8 Aqualink RS
  2. Jandy Pure Link Power Center with Sub Panel 6614AP-L
  3. Jandy iAqualink 2.0
  4. Jandy VS FloPro 2HP
  5. Jandy WaterFeature Pump WFTR-160
  6. Jandy CL-460 Filter
  7. Jandy JXi Propane pool heater JXi-400P
  8. Jandy Watercolors LED (7 of them)
  9. Jandy Laminar Jets (2, maybe 4 of them)
  10. Jandyy 4' Sheer Descent Waterfall with Fiberfall lighting with LED
  11. Jandy LED Lighted Bubblers (2)

Thinking of running the 2 bubblers on the main pump since I like them running all the time the pool is and all other water features on the WaterFeature Pump. Every water feature will be on a separate ball valves for fine tuning.
All equipment will be on a pad away from the house and approx 2' lower than the water level of the pool which I will put a roof over and then add some type of paneling on 2 sides to keep some of the weather out and to mount equipment to. I have read that being lower than the pool may actually be better for my pumps???????
Do I need a separate filter for water features?
Is the water feature pump big enough?
Any comments or criticisms are welcome. Please!

With the bubblers remember that if you plan to sometimes put loungers on the sun deck, you will want to turn off the bubblers. Not sure if that affects your decision to tie them into the filter pump.

That seems a lot of lights for that size pool.

Marla- Thanks for the Welcome!
Ozdiver- Yeah, I will definitely want to be able to turn them off. Not sure if just a manual ball valve on them will do it or if I can put an automatic one on them I can control from the aqualink?

Another issue that is not pressing but will have to be dealt with is the water I will use to fill the pool. I am on a well which I have running through a whole-house reverse osmosis system. I actually have to run the water through crushed marble (calcite) to adjust the PH and add hardness aftre the R/O so it doesn't damage the copper pipes. The well water is hard and has sulphur (rotten egg smell), but no significant levels of copper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.