Retrofit Pool and Spa with EasyTouch

Aug 6, 2015
Greenville, NC
I have a small pool and a separate small spa that I would like to control with one remote. I was wondering if I could the EasyTouch for both the pool and the spa. The pool has a 1hp 240v Pentair filter pump, 250w light 120v, & Hayward 110K btu Heat Pump. The Spa has 1hp 240v Pentair filter pump, 1.5hp 240v jet pump, 250w light 120v, & Pentair 125K btu gas heater. The EasyTouch brochure says it can do a pool, spa, or pool spa combination. Why can't it do a pool and a separate spa? It is not worth it to have 2 separate EasyTouch controls.

Welcome to TFP. Although I can't answer this, I'm sure anything is possible in this day in age. Someone with more knowledge on this will be around to give you a better answer than my generic one.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Yoda,

An interesting question with the answer based on what you want the EasyTouch to do. I'm no expert, but it appears to me the EasyTouch was designed to control a pool and spa which have shared equipment. The output of a single heater, for example, would be directed to either the pool or the spa. In your case, you have two of everything. If all you want to be able to do is have the EasyTouch automatically, or manually, turn things on and off, then it appears to me that this could easily be done with an EasyTouch8. I'm pretty sure this same set up would allow you to control the temperature of the pool OR the Spa, but not sure how it could do both without some additional circuitry.

What specifically do you want to the EasyTouch to do for you? Is this something that you would install and program yourself? If not, it would make sense to talk with your installer to make sure that they agree it will do what you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If I'm not mistaken, with your setup you really need to look at the Intellitouch. It is the control system when you have separate pumps and heaters, etc for your pool and spa.

An Easytouch is designed for a system with one pump, a single heat source, and so on.

Not so sure, PS0303. I just replaced my Pentair Compool system with the EasyTouch upgrade kit. It is defaulted to a shared system, but also works for single body systems, by removing a jumper on the circuit board. I think you also had to clear the EEPROM after removing the jumper, but there were instructions for doing that, if needed.

A single body system is just a pool or a spa. So if you have a pool and a stand alone spa with its own equipment, this is not designed to be used on it. Shared means that you have a pool with an attached spa and they share the same pump. With two separate pumps you need the Intellitouch.

ps0303,

The newer Easytouch units can control two Inteliflo pumps each with different address, but since the OP has two single speed pumps they could be controlled manually with the Aux relays. That said, I agree with you that the Easytouch was not designed for controlling two independent systems. I think it would be pretty easy to control two separate pumps, my issue would be how to control the two separate heaters. But, it appears the OP has lost interest in doing this anyway.

Jim R.

Controlling two single speed pumps with Easy Touch is simple, just use the normal filter relay for one pump and one of the AUX relays for the other pump. Easy touch can control only one heater, but you could just run the other heater in manual mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.