Question on pavers

Jul 31, 2015
Grants Pass/Oregon
Hello firstly sorry if this has already been asked, and if this is the wrong place for it. Firstly should state am a brand new pool owner, first one.. well if you don't count kiddie pools :p. But we just set the thing up and have it I would say 13/16 full and we didn't put anything paver wise under the legs. The ground it's on is pretty compacted rock hard DG(decomposed granite). I am wondering if I need to drain the pool and then put the pavers in or if it would be good till rainy season when we would be taking it down anyway. The pool is a 18'L x 9'W x 48"d. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as am really new to this whole pool thing, and want things to go smoothly. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

Thanks, that is good to know. Only issue is when we get heavy rain here in So. Oregon it does tend to get a little mushy. But after thinking, and some research are probably going to go with em eventually. Just not sure if we may before the rainy season or not. Now we are just contemplating the whole chemical thing, as the thought of swimming where the water doesn't smell of chlorine is a big bonus. Mostly cause before now have always been a creek swimmer :p

If your ground gets mushy, I'd expect those legs to sink into it. There is tremendous force on them.
Could be wrong.
Since it's already full, you could just wait and see. Worst case, you have to drain it when the legs sink into the ground.

Thanks for the reply tucson. Yeah that's the plan is to wait and see. Usually the hard rain doesn't start till late october/mid november here. And by that time the pool will most likely be taken down and stored for the season. But I know either way next season gonna do a little more leveling. As right now it's about 2 1/2 inches off on one side. And most likely putting levelers in. As this is first pool this is mostly a test to see if the ground is gonna work in that location and to get used to the in's and out's of pool ownership

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.