Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Phoenix,AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Phoenix,AZ

Hello all.............

I have been lurking around the last few weeks and just joined the other day. This is the most informative pool fourm that I have come across. The posters and mods do a great job of providing detailed information. I have learned a lot already.

I bought a foreclosed home in Laveen, AZ. It's a small town 15 minutes SW of downtown Phoenix. The pool is a 19000 gal IG diving, pebbletec with a waterfall and 4 deck jets. When the previous owners vacated the property they removed all of the pool equipment. Including timers and part of the electrical runs. So I am in the process of purchasing and replacing all of the equipment. I am also moving the equipment appx. 25-30 feet from the current location. The current location is on the headboard wall of my Master bedroom.

I have a background in construction, but no pool construction experience. I have done pluming and electrical work on my pervious homes. (I am subcontracting the electrical parts of this project). I will be tapping into the resources this board can provide and also my local pool experts. Pool owners in Phoenix that have a local shop that they like to recommend, I'm open for contacts.

I am planning an Intelliflo VS3050 pump, Triton TR100 sand filter and an SWG system.

I am an avid skier and send a lot of time in Summit County, CO. Also I am diehard Cardinal football fan and Diamondback baseball fan. Looking forward to my interactions with this board.

Here is a picture of the pool, just completed sump pumping out the year old sludge........

Talk to you soon...

Ed
    18,000 IG pebbletec with a waterfall and four deck jets. Intelliflow VS3050, Pentair Trinton TR100 sand filter, heater and Pentair Easytouch w/ SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Phoenix,AZ

Welcome!

A beauty awaits, I can tell.

Can't wait to see her full. Please post an update when you're complete!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi PHXAZ and welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Can I ask?

What is The Mod Squad? Besides a TV show......

Edit: Moderators .... answered my own Q. The only question I'm able to answer right now!
    18,000 IG pebbletec with a waterfall and four deck jets. Intelliflow VS3050, Pentair Trinton TR100 sand filter, heater and Pentair Easytouch w/ SWG.