Losing water

May 25, 2015
Bellaire, OH
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. We are losing water and it stops just below the skimmer and about halfway down our jet return. The problem is that the ground that's wet on the outside of the pool is roughly 5 ft away from the pump and filter and roughly 1-2 ft away from where our return is. I spent an hour today looking all over the area inside th pool where the ground is wet and see no tear or rip. The seams seemed fine too. No sand noted at the bottom of the pool. My question is, if the leak is in the skimmer or return jet, could the ground get wet that far away from where they're located? Or have I more than likely missed the tear when I checked?

I appreciate your advice and this is going to sound like a dumb question, but we have an above ground pool so as far as am I'm aware, we don't have any underground plumbing. Unless there's something with the plumbing I'm not aware of?

Sorry, I totally misread your description and thought it was wet between the equipment and the pool.

You may have to raise the water level up again and look for the water leaking out, or maybe use some dye to try to locate the leak.

You are lucky in the sense that you know you leak is at that level. You really just need to get in the pool and go around the entire pool at that level. Feel with your hands and look with your eyes. The leak has to be there. You say it is just below he skimmer and halfway down the return. I'm not sure what that means. Are you saying the water level stabilizes at the return eye? Then it could very well be the return. I would take out the return eye and put in a plug. If the water level holds, then the problem is in your plumbing. If it still drops then it could be a liner tear, or it could be leaking around with return fitting. A dye test can determine if there is a leak around the fitting.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.