Tile Line Scuz

Jun 30, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Hello, all! I've learned so much on this forum and website I'm beginning to feel like the master of my pool!! Just recently I have noticed a film that accumulates along the waterline at the tile. It only happens on a few tiles around the perimeter of the pool. It doesn't feel slimy, it kind of feels as if someone scribbled on the tile with a crayon. I just use my pool sponge to clean it off. Is this algae? Or is it residual sun screen, sweat, hair products, etc? I monitor my pool levels in accordance with the information provided on this website/forum and my water is always clean and sparkly. Thanks for any information!

Ruben

Ruben, it sounds like what we refer to as a "scum line", residual accumulation from oils, our bodies, etc. It happens on my pool from time to time, usually in one corner, and it's black and sticky to rub-off. It generally comes-off with a little elbow grease or Magic Eraser. Some will see it in the skimmer as well. For those who have a significant issue with scum lines, there are products on the market (i.e. "Scum Balls") that can be placed in the skimmer in an effort to absorb those oils and such. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.