Now what? Help with chemicals, please

Sneek

Jul 10, 2015
Shannon, IL
We have had our intex pool up now for a couple weeks, I have had a sock of stabilizer granules in the pool for at least 10 days now. Received the suggested test to upgrade the Taylor kit to the 2006, I just tested with the following results:
PH- 8.0
FC-.35
CC-0
TA-340
CYA -0

I have been adding 8.25% bleach daily. I know from the last post, TA is the last thing to adjust. But between FC and TA, what is the order of importance to adjust? My water is clear and kids have been swimming without complaint. I'm not sure what is next... Thank you!

Ph down will work on getting the TA down.

Get FC up and feed your pool every day so the FC stays in range.

Make sure you wait 30 mins between adding muriatic acid to bring the PH down and the bleach to bring the FC up.

I am going to post some links just in case you don't know how to do what I am telling you.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I hope this helps!
Kim

Far and away your biggest issue is you have no chlorine in your pool. You must keep it in there at all times.

I have had a sock of stabilizer granules in the pool for at least 10 days now.
Is it all dissolved? How much did you put in? Why do you think your CYA is still testing at zero if you put that in there. You CYA is sort of a secondary issue but you cannot keep chlorine in your pool until you get CYA in their to protect the chlorine from the sun.

Have you read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.