AquaPure 1400 Acting weird

skylar18

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2013
Austin, Texas
Hey guys quick question.....

Third season with my Aquapure 1400 and it has worked flawlessly, until now. I noticed that every once in awhile I get the No flow message, no errors. Flow is fine. I cleaned off the sensor and the same thing happens. Every once in a while it just flips to no flow, then a few minutes later works fine again.

MY question is should the unit ever get a No flow message while the pumps are running? I think I would have caught it earlier but I'm wondering if I just never noticed the brief no flow status on my unit before.

I tried resetting the device with the white reset button on the unit. No change, just every once in awhile if flips to No flow. It is still producing the level of Chlorine I expect to get. That made me wonder if it is something that is normal and I never noticed it before.

The good news is when I took the control panel off to look for the reset button, I realized that this would be a very simple install. Just don't want to spend 175 bucks for a new sensor.

Thanks for your help!

On the little adaptor board with the calibration button, there are two prongs that should be open. They are just to the left of the calibration button. There is a tiny black jumper that can be used for other boards. Make sure that the jumper is not on.

The jumper is sometimes in a small bag taped to the sensor cord.

One thing you can try is to restrict the flow to slow it down some and then push the little white calibration button until the light on the adaptor board comes on and then unrestrict the flow.

That is a good idea. The jumper (prongs) are open. I verified today but I remember 2 years ago when the PB put the jumper connector in a plastic bag and said don't lose this, though you probably won't need it. Still in my small box of junk from the Pool build that has garbage in it that I was told not to throw away but haven't looked at since.

I will try to restrict the flow a bit from normal speed and recalibrate. Can't hurt. Just not sure if i have a problem or not. I guess I will know if the periods of no flow get longer and longer and my FC drops from what I expect. Right now it stays at a constant 3 with no bleach being added at all.

The trisensors are a known problem. Jandy is working on the issue. The newest iteration is supposed to fix all of the problems. We'll see. They should probably go to a paddle type flow switch like Hayward, Autopilot and pentair.

Easiest pool repair I have done. 20 minutes is all it took. Longest part of job was cutting all the wire ties to release old sensor cord and wire tying the new sensor cord to the existing cable runs. Don't need to hire someone to do this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.