Odor around pool area

jsv

Apr 21, 2015
Franklin, TN
Hi,

This is our second season of having our pool. We've noticed a foul smell around the pool area. I highly doubt it is the water itself as I'm a water nazi and check the water weekly. I keep a daily check on the skimmers and empty those daily as well. We do back up to woods so I thought it may be coming from there but it is more noticeable around the pool patio.

We had the pool guys change out one of the three lights that was having an issue a week or so ago and he said one of the bubbles that came out of where the light is had a bad smell. He said it was probably stagnant water in that line.

Is there anything I can do or anything else I should check? I suppose "stagnant water" is the best way to describe the smell. Is it possible the other lines may have stagnant water?

Again, our pool water is crystal clear and was just checked. This smell is driving me crazy, no clue where its coming from and is a little embarrassing when we have people over.

Thanks,
Jason

I'm confused about how the light and the "line" are related. Was the light in a circulation line? Or the electrical conduit that runs to the light from a deck box?

If the smell came from behind the light, they should have scrubbed the niche or wherever the light was mounted with a brush while the light was out and brought the FC level in the pool higher while the niche was exposed.

Please add the details of your pool to your forum signature. Click Settings in the upper right of the page then, Edit Signature on the next page.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.