FC loss after SLAM

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Just wondering about the rate of FC loss at higher FC levels, like following a SLAM (once all 3 tests have passed).

For instance, after my SLAM, FC fell from 20ppm to 15ppm in one day (even with SWG on at 65%). Should I expect a higher than usual loss when FC is at higher levels? It seems like the higher the FC, the larger ppm loss ina day. Once FC gets back down to the normal range for my pool (5-8), the loss isn't as noticeable.

Just wondering about the rate of FC loss at higher FC levels, like following a SLAM (once all 3 tests have passed).

For instance, after my SLAM, FC fell from 20ppm to 15ppm in one day (even with SWG on at 65%). Should I expect a higher than usual loss when FC is at higher levels? It seems like the higher the FC, the larger ppm loss ina day. Once FC gets back down to the normal range for my pool (5-8), the loss isn't as noticeable.

Yes - you lose a percentage of your FC so a bigger loss is expected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.