Help high salt

I am having a similar issue. I set up our pool on 7/5/15 and filled it with tap water. I added the hth cell saver from Walmart because we have a lot of iron in our well water. After pool was filled, we added 120 pounds of salt. 5 pounds less than our Intex SWG required for our size pool. Stirred it around and let filter run for 24 hours. Hooked up SWG on and tried to run it. Code 92 came on for too high salt. I used the HTH salt water strips and the white mark was at the 6 indicating 2880-3130 for salt. I cleaned the filter cartridge and removed some water and added some. SWG ran a little while the next morning and could see the little bubbles that it was making chlorine. It then shut off. I tried again last night after cleaning filter and adding more water. Code would not go away.
The test strips show 2880-3130 salt.
One test strip shows:
FC .5,
PH 7.6-7.8
TA 180
CH 0-100

HTH 6-way strip
FC-0
PH 7.5-7.8
TA 180
CH 0-100
CA 30-50 (I have not added any)

I really want to use my pool this weekend for a party. Please help

First, add some bleach to the water to get the FC up. You don't want the pool going green. Use Pool Math to figure how much to add

Now, for general reading test strips are generally worthless as they simply do not provide the accuracy and consistency you need.

Order a TF100 test kit. That will probably give you enough reagents for a couple of years normal use. You probably also want to pick up a Taylor Salt Test Kit

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.